Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) or book any workshops (Workshops) listed on our website www.sewmesomething.co.uk (our site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing an order or making a booking. You should understand that by making such an undertaking, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Our site is for non-commercial use only.
If you wish to clarify this or any other of our terms and conditions please don’t hesitate to contact us through the contact us page of our site.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.sewmesomething.co.uk is a site operated by Julia Fallon trading as Sew Me Something (we). Our correspondence address is 3 The Minories, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. CV37 6NF
- YOUR STATUS
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old;
- HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- After requesting a reservation of a Workshop place (Order), you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your Order. Please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. Your Order constitutes an offer to us to book a Workshop place. All Orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm this to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Workshop place has been reserved (Reservation Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Reservation Confirmation.
- Where you are booking a Workshop, if the specified Workshop is full we will inform you by email of the next available date for that Workshop.
- CONSUMER RIGHTS – CANCELLATION
- Booking a Workshop
There is no right for you to cancel the Contract, although if you are unable to attend a Workshop, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to attend a Workshop and inform us more than two weeks before the start date of the workshop or course, we will try to offer an alternative date for the same workshop or you may choose to attend a different Workshop to the same value.
- If you are unable to attend a Workshop and inform us less than two weeks before the start of the workshop or course we will be unable to offer an alternative date or refund. This is due to the nature of our Workshops, the required preparation and the limited availability of places.
- You may send someone in your place if you prefer. Please let us know their contact details (name, address, email address and telephone number) in advance so that arrangements may be made where possible and confirmation details can be passed on.
- If you are booking a Course of Workshops there is no entitlement to replace or catch up on missed sessions within that course at a later date.
- Purchase of Products
- You may cancel a Contract for purchase of Products at any time within fourteen days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clause 8 below).
- To cancel a Contract for the purchase of Products, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk.
- The price of any Workshops will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- Despite our best efforts, it is possible that the Workshops or Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you or reserving the Workshop place. If a Product or Workshop’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product or reserving the Workshop, or reject your Order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Product or reserve a Workshop place at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation or Reservation Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- Payment for all Products or Workshop places must be by PAYPAL account, unless we otherwise agree. We will not dispatch your order or reserve your Workshop place until we have received confirmation of payment. If you wish to pay by a different method, please do contact us and we will try to oblige.
- OUR RIGHT TO CANCEL A WORKSHOP
In exceptional circumstances, we may unfortunately have to cancel a Workshop. If that does occur, we will give you as much prior notice as possible and will refund your booking fee or see if we can accommodate you on an alternative date if you prefer. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any liability for travel or other costs.
- GIFT VOUCHERS
Gift vouchers can be purchased online and are valid for 6 months from date of purchase. We will send your voucher in accordance with our Delivery Times to you or your intended recipient. Gift vouchers are redeemable for workshops or products only and cannot be redeemed for cash. Your statutory rights of cancellation are as specified at clause 4.2 above.
- OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- When you return a Product to us:
- because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the fourteen-day cooling-off period (see clause 4), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- for any other reason (for instance, because you claim that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund for the defective Product. Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
- We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- In the event of a Product being defective we shall at your election replace the Product instead of providing a refund.
- OUR LIABILITY
- We warrant that the Workshop service shall be provided using reasonable skill and care.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the price paid for the Workshop.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us, including but not limited to:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- waste of management or office time however arising.
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work, etc Act 1974 and the Consumer Protection Act 1987, we confirm that the Products that we supply as a distributor do not present a hazard to health and safety
- when properly used for the purpose for which they are designed; and
- if you take reasonable and normal precautions in their use.
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver Products you have ordered, or supply any services, or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to Products delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- GOVERNING LAW
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT