Jeans Sewing Workshop
Have you ever dreamed of sewing yourself a pair of great-fitting jeans?
The idea of sewing jeans can be intimidating for even the most experienced dressmakers. But we will guide you through every step of the process from fitting to top stitching, constructing a fly and adding all the hardware to make your jeans look seriously professional. Including all the fitting and adjustment s advice too.
On the first day of this three day course we will focus on fit and cutting, with the remaining two days used for construction.
You are free to use your own pattern. Several we recommend are the Ginger Jeans or Morgan jeans pattern from Closet Case Patterns or the Heroine Jeans from Merchant and Mills.
This class is suitable for intermediate dressmakers who have sewn several garments previously.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to take accurate body measurements
- How to fit and adjust your jeans toile
- How to insert a jeans zip
- How to sew a button fly
- Tips on accurate top-stitching
- How to install jeans hardware
This class include expert tuition, use of our Janome sewing machines and overlockers, equipment and tools, thread, interfacing and a jeans hardware kit too. As well as plenty of tea coffee and cake!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Appropriate fabric for your pattern choice. If you're making skinny jeans you will need a stretch denim with approx 2% lycra/ elastane/spandex
- An addition 2-3m of similar fabric to make up your toile pair of jeans first.
- If you want a specific colour of zip or hardware you can bring that with you. We will supply basic navy and black zips and silver or bronze hardware.
- Half a metre of cotton lawn or poplin for the pockets, or you can purchase some from us on the day.
- Two spools of topstitching thread or you can purchase some from us on the day.
- Your pattern (see notes above)
Join us at our Studio in Stratford Upon Avon (CV37 8DX) for this Sewing Workshop and learn how to Sew your own Jeans.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any recommendations for local hotels, B&B’s or restaurants.