Cook / Kitchen Manager
Job Title: Cook /Kitchen Manager
Salary Rate: Up to £30,000
Contracted hours: 35 hours per week to include weekends and some
evenings (Normal hours 8.30-4.00pm)
Cook/ Kitchen Manager
The Makers Kitchen café is uniquely located within a brand new Arts and Crafts destination which will include Workshops and Studio space.
The café will offer a wholesome and nutritious brunch style menu as well as speciality coffee, teas and scrumptious cakes for customers of the Makers Space, workshops and events. There will also be regular evening themed nights such as Pizza Friday, Feast Nights, and outdoor cooking.
We are seeking a creative Cook with a genuine passion for food and an enthusiasm to showcase locally produced ingredients. This is an incredible opportunity for someone wanting to develop their own style within the boundaries of the overall brand of the Makers' Space.
We want our customers to have a magical experience as soon as they walk through the door, the successful candidate will be willing to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day.
Previous experience is essential, as well as a good understanding and ability to comply with all health and safety and food hygiene standards. You will ideally possess a good blend of commercial and creative skills as well as customer service and team management skills.
Flexibility is also key within this role. There will be some weekend and evening work on a rotated basis.
- Preparation and cooking the Café menu to order and themed events
- Menu planning for café and events
- Making and serving coffees, teas, cold drinks and food as required
- Maintaining stock levels, communicating with suppliers and placing orders
- Keeping appropriate records such as fridge temperatures, cleaning and waste
- Schedule café and kitchen routines and ensure they are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy working environment.
We are a small team and proud of our open minded and welcoming workplace. As Cook/ Kitchen Manager you will have a hardworking and positive approach to work, you will also be a ‘people person’ who finds it easy to get on with everyone, is flexible and accommodating but also possesses strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate people in a busy environment.
Your role will be to:
- Build and maintain strong individual working relationships with your colleagues.
- Lead by example, being at all times conscientious and reliable
- Motivate and inspire staff and ensure that customer service is kept to a very high standard.
Our ideal candidate will have experience as a Cook, preferably in a similar setting plus:
- A Level 2 Food hygiene certificate (desirable)
- A good understanding and ability to comply with all H&S and food hygiene standards is (essential)
- Familiar with cooking on an open fire and pizza oven (desirable)
- Front of house experience (essential)
- Barista experience (preferable, however training will be provided)
- Menu creation experience (desirable)
- A team player (essential)
- Be commercially aware (essential)
- A good knowledge of similar businesses operating within this sector (essential)
- This is a full-time permanent position preceded by a 3-month trial period.
- Hours are 5 full days per week to include weekends.
- Based at our new location just outside Alcester, Warwickshire.