Creative Digital Content Producer
Do you have digital creative flair and enjoy helping people?
Sew Me Something has been helping people to sew and make their own clothes for nearly 9 years with our own range of dressmaking patterns and online courses. We have grown from a simple haberdashery store to an award winning, multi strand business providing help and support for would be dressmakers and crafters.
We are now looking to recruit a Creative Content Producer to create engaging video and graphic content across multiple platforms and channels. Working within the Marketing Team your role will be to support the current company-wide marketing strategy as well as create content for online courses.
It is an exciting time to take on this key role within our team. We’re increasing our creative team, to enable us to meet the demands of our expanding business. We have developed a series of online courses and are looking for the right person to help us grow and develop this side of the business so that we can create the exceptionally high quality, knowledge-led content our customers have come to expect from us.
Job Title: Creative Content producer
Pay rate: £21,000 - £25,000 commensurate with experience
Contracted hours: Full-time
The main focus of Sew Me Something is to help people, and this should be yours too. It is important to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day. We are a small but supportive B2C creative team and the business has grown exponentially over the last 12 months, necessitating the expansion of our team to maintain and increase our market presence.
Flexibility is key within this role as we help each other within the team as well as focussing on helping our customers. So we all chip in to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. This means you will also gain experience in other departments.
You will need to have excellent organisational and communication skills, be able to work unsupervised and use your own initiative to prioritise tasks.
We have regular meetings to monitor the progress of the business so you will need to be approachable and friendly, but equally able to voice your opinion if you can see a better way of working.
- To create and publish high-quality content, including video, written, audio and visual to support the marketing department and wider organisation
- To work with the whole team to promote the supportive and sustainable ethos of Sew Me Something and it’s other brands
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, film, and edit engaging video content, including promotional videos and online courses.
- Create and develop graphics for print and digital including flyers and posters, email communications, social media, and motion graphics
- Design and deliver creative content for a range of digital campaigns including email marketing, and social media across all platforms
- Produce and update web content
- Conduct research to keep up-to-date with the latest social and digital trends
- Assist the team on a range of events
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Content production and management:
- Generate ideas for compelling content which resonates with each of Sew Me Something’s brands and target audiences
- Film and edit video content for online courses and other promotional material
- Develop and maintain a system for storing, tracking, and reviewing content in a way that makes it accessible to the whole organisation and helps plan future content needs
- Support colleagues to plan and update marketing, event, and training materials with content that is engaging for their target audiences
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to produce engaging digital and social media content, analyse its effectiveness and make suggestions for continual improvement and development of digital content
- Working in collaboration with other departments and the Marketing Manager to provide editorial support across the organisation
The individual must be prepared to undertake other duties as defined by their Marketing Manager.
- Qualifications in digital media
- Worked in a B2C environment, knowing how to approach multiple audiences
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience in video and audio production with strong editing skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to prioritise their own work
- Flexible and adaptable to ensure the job gets done
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Clean drivers licence
- Experience with sewing, textiles or crafts
Benefits of joining Sew Me Something
Sew Me Something offers a highly competitive salary and 20 days holiday a year plus all Bank Holidays, a paid ‘Birthday Leave’ day each year, a paid volunteering day each year to enable you to support a charitable organisation/community project of your choice and Nest Pension Scheme (after 3 months continuous employment).
In addition to the above, Sew Me Something actively promotes a culture of recognition that encourages every team member to excel and Sew Me Something offers all staff a comprehensive range of CPD which supports development from both an organisational and individual perspective.
Closing Date for Applications is 20th May 2021