Digital Marketing Apprentice
Are you all about connecting with people?
Are you always on your phone? Do you love social media? Are you always finding new memes or gifs to share? Is connecting with people what you are about?
Sew Me Something is seeking a new Digital Marketing Apprentice to join our expanding team. Someone who is self motivated, highly organised and creative, that can help us share information and promotions in exciting and customer focussed ways, as well as maintain and monitor the smooth running of our website behind the scenes.
If you want to be a part of an exciting and growing creative business then this is for you.
Job Title: Digital Marketing Apprentice
Pay rate: £12,000 - 16,500
Contracted hours: Full-time
The main focus of Sew Me Something is to help people, and this should be yours too. It is important to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day. We are a small but supportive creative team and the business has grown exponentially over the last 12 months, necessitating the expansion of our team to maintain and increase our market presence.
This role is an integral part of our team reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will need to be able to work alongside others but also be happy to work on your own, implementing our marketing strategy to enhance and promote Sew Me Something and our other brands. You will also need to be tech savvy to monitor and maintain the digital sides of our websites to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction. But also able to use your creativity to help create content for marketing purposes.
You will need to have excellent organisational and communication skills, be able to work unsupervised and use your own initiative to prioritise tasks.
We have regular meetings to monitor the progress of the business so you will need to be approachable and friendly, but equally able to voice your opinion if you can see a better way of working.
Flexibility is key within this role as we help each other within the team as well as focussing on helping our customers. So we all chip in to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. This means you will also gain experience in other departments.
Although your hours will be mainly during the working week, we normally attend a number of exhibitions and shows throughout the year and your participation in some of those will be required, as and when we are able to attend these again. The shows are great fun and allow us to chat directly with our customers gaining invaluable feedback on our products and workshops.
This position is currently a full time role and the most important aspect to any candidate will be their “Can- Do” positive attitude.
- Creating marketing collateral and content for the company website, social media, campaigns and newsletters.
- Implementing our marketing strategy and promotional activities using multiple platforms including - Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Mailchimp.
- Analysing and reporting on data and assisting the team in the preparation and implementation of the commercial and marketing strategies.
- Responding to customer queries on our social channels and digital social groups.
- Creating and uploading content and listing products on the company website.
- Writing and proofreading copy.
- Ensuring brand values and guidelines are maintained across all digital channels.
- Evaluating marketing campaigns using tracking and analytical software and assessing the results.
- Regular SEO optimisation checks and reporting.
- Researching market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information to aid the development of marketing plans.
- Providing fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of website content, and other promotional materials.
- Undertaking daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department's activities including helping with the printing and packing our patterns.
Education / Qualifications
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
Any A level or university experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player
- Possess a creative flair to help devise and carry out marketing campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to adapt to fast-changing situations
- Pro-active, accurate and fast
- Calm under pressure
- IT skills: Proficient in MS Office packages, experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, would be advantageous
- Confident using a camera to take product photos and videos as needed.
This could lead to a permanent position if you are the right fit with us.
To apply please follow the link to https://creative-alliance.enrola.co.uk/opportunity/6087e26dcb747