Job Title: Workshop Coordinator
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience
Contracted hours: 35 hours per week to include weekends
Workshop Coordinator - Full Time Position
Do you love people as much as you love making stuff? We do!
Sew Me Something is an award winning, growing independent business that has been supporting people on their creative journey for 11 years with our sewing and craft workshops and haberdashery.
Our main focus is to help people improve their sewing and crafting and increase their love of creativity and this should be yours too. It is important to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day.
We are growing our business and moving to new premises creating The Makers’ Space a Creative Hub and retail destination, increasing our space for creative workshops.
We are seeking a highly organised and productive individual that is genuinely interested in creative pursuits that can oversee and coordinate this expanding area of our business.
Previous experience of office systems and processes is essential and you will ideally possess a good blend of customer service and team management skills. As well as a keen interested to learn.
Flexibility is also key within this role. There will be weekend work and some evening work on a rotated basis. We also attend a number of exhibitions and shows throughout the year both locally and nationally that will mean working away from home and your participation in some of those will be required.
You will have a keen interest in crafts or creative pursuits. To be able to converse knowledgeably about the types of workshops we offer. An eye for styling and visual promotion will also be essential to ensure the studio spaces are visually stimulating.
In line with our brand aesthetic you will also be required to:
- Display items relating to the different crafts and workshops we offer.
- Help to plan and style photoshoots for marketing the workshops
- Create content for social media posts and visual promotions
- Provide content for regular email newsletters
- Maintain the high standards of the studio spaces across each area
You will need to demonstrate a commercial awareness across the types of workshops we run in each of the creative spaces. Excellent organisational and IT skills will be required with a high degree of accuracy.
In this area you will be required to:
- Identify new ideas and opportunities for workshops and courses.
- Maintain and build good relationships with tutors and workshop guests.
- Maintain the stock levels of resources required for all of the workshops and courses.
- Create and maintain stock databases and cost sheets.
- Work with existing software and quickly develop an understanding of new software.
- Be alert to systems which need updating to increase efficiency.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a willingness to go that extra mile.
- Be responsible for overseeing and maintaining the studio premises in good order.
We are a small team and proud of our open minded and welcoming workplace. As a member of that team you will have a hardworking and positive approach to work, you will also be a ‘people person’ who finds it easy to get on with everyone, is flexible and accommodating but also possesses an ability to self motivate and get things done in a busy environment.
Your role will be to:
- Build and maintain strong individual working relationships with your colleagues and tutors.
- Be conscientious and reliable at all times and be prepared to get stuck in with day to day tasks.
- Plan out the workshop calendar ensuring all creative studios are used to their full potential.
- Plan out the Host Schedule to endure all workshops have an appropriate Host to support the tutor.
- Meet and greet workshop guests ensuring they have the best possible experience of The Makers’ Space
- Liaise with tutors ensuring they have all the information they need to conduct their own teaching.
- Liaise with workshop guests ensuring they have all the information they need to attend workshops and courses.
- Respond rapidly to any customer enquiries.
- Work with the Retail Manager and Studio Hosts to assist with the preparation of resources and studio space for up coming workshops and other events.
- Attend exhibitions and shows helping to set up and breakdown the stand as well as creating relationships with potential and existing customers.
- This is a full-time permanent position preceded by a 3 month trial period.
- Hours are 5 full days per week to include one weekend day.
- Based at our new location just outside Alcester, Warwickshire.
- Job share will be considered.