Ariel Cargo Pants Workshop
The Ariel Cargo Pants
Do you love wearing trousers but find it hard to get them to fit? Are you looking to increase your sewing skills? Do you just want to find some time for yourself to develop your skills? Then let us help.
In this workshop you will learn a lot of new skills that you will be able to take with you into other projects. Including cargo pockets, which are a wonderful feature for trousers and the Ariel Cargo pants are simply wonderful trousers.
It can be really hard to fit trousers on yourself which is why joining us for a workshop will take the pain out of trouser fitting.
What you will learn on The Ariel Cargo Workshop
- How to take accurate measurements to decide which size to cut out
- How to analyse trouser fit and make any necessary pattern alterations
- How to use the correct interlinings and tapes to get a professional finish
- How to sew a trouser fly
- How to sew cutaway patch pockets
- How to sew a half elasticated waistband
- How to sew a cuffed hem
- Professional methods of finishing your garment
Level 4 Intermediate
- Can follow and understand all pattern markings & instructions.
- Able to confidently sew in-seam pockets and darts.
- Understand a variety of seam finishes and when to use them.
- Inserted zips and stitched a few buttonholes.
- Confidently add embellishments to garments (decorated pockets, patches and decorative linings).
What's included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Use of all machines and sewing tools
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking
What you need to bring:
- Fabric - contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making
- 8” dress zip
- 1 x 2cm diameter button
- 2m x 4cm wide elastic
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home