Intro into Dressmaking 6 Week Course
Beginners Dressmaking - 6 week course
3hrs per week over 6 weeks (18 hrs of teaching)
About this workshop:
Have you dabbled with sewing and are now hooked? Do you want to progress from cushions and bags to clothes for yourself? Then this 6 week course will set you on the right road.
Over the 6 weeks you will learn how to make simple top and skirt cover all the basic sewing techniques you need to make clothes. Honing these foundation skills will enable you to go on and tackle other more complex patterns when you are ready.
You can choose from the Celia Top (with or without frills) or the Jessica Hack Top. For the skirt you can choose between the A line shaped Viola with a centre back or side zip and the gathered Desdemona with a centre back zip.
You will Learn:
- How to read a commercial pattern
- How to select the right size to cut out for your shape and figure
- How to make minor pattern adjustments
- How to place the pattern on the fabric and cut accurately.
- How to sew and finish seams
- How to se darts
- How to sew in sleeves
- How to sew a facing
- How to sew gathers
- How to sew a concealed zip
- How to attach a waistband
- How to sew buttons and buttonholes.
- Finishing your garment.
Level 2 Confident Beginner
- Confident with using a sewing machine
- Mastered the sewing basics
- Can complete simple projects, such as a cushion cover or zipped bag, without any difficulty
- Find your way around an easy project pattern
What’s included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet.
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
- Fabric for your top - contact us for quantities depending on the version you are making.
- Fabric for your skirt - contact us for quantities depending on the version you are making.
- An 8” concealed zip match your skirt fabric
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home