Edie Coat Sewing Workshop
Edie Coat Workshop
The Edie Coat is a flattering fully lined, round neck collar, boxy style coat. With a horizontal seam through the bodice featuring in-seam pockets, with the seam following through to lantern sleeves, finished with a button fastening or with poppers and covered buttons. This coat effortlessly transitions from day to night, making it an essential addition to your wardrobe.
Skill Level : Intermediate
Come along to our workshop at The Makers' Space, Longbarn Village, Alcester Heath, Alcester, B49 5JJ and we will show you a few industrial techniques to get the perfect finish to your Edie lined coat..
What to bring:
- Fabric - you will need to bring 2- 3.5metres (please refer to the attached measurement chart for your size) in a Boiled wool, Mid-to-heavy-weight wool blends, Boucle, Wool crepe, Wool coating
- 1.4-2.5m of lining fabric (again please refer to our measurement chart) in Bemberg cupro, Viscose/Acetate mix, Polyester, Viscose satin twill or any lining fabric.
- 5 Buttons (24mm) or Covered Buttons and Popper Fixings
- Any Sewing equipment you want to use from home (not Sewing machines please)
- Bring along some lunch for both days
What you will learn:
- How to work with coating fabrics
- How to create a professional finish complete with lining
- Fitting a coat to your own measurements
- Help deciding which buttons to finish your Edie
- Use of sewing machines, tools and equipment
- The pattern, notions and thread
- There will be plenty of tea, coffee and cake to keep you sewing through the day so let us know if you have any dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Free Parking
- If you want to purchase fabric from us there is a 10% discount for workshop attendees on the day, but call ahead to make sure we have what you require in stock
Tutor: Emma Smith