Fit your Dummy Workshop
Learn how to tailor your very own Mannequin and begin making garments exactly the way you want.
Frustrated that you can never find patterns in styles you like, or do you find your body is not a standard size?
Over the 2 day course you will measure yourself and create your own body double mannequin based on your measurements.
The first part of the class will be where you create your second skin, a perfect replica of your shape in calico by creating your own dress block tailored specifically to your body shape. Any tweaks or alterations will be made to this to ensure you get the perfect fit.
Make sure to bring your own mannequin along with you, as the next part of the course will be to dedicated padding and shaping your mannequin to become your body double that you can take home with you.
You will then be able to use your own personally tailored body double mannequin to help you create better fitting clothes that you really want to wear. It will also help you to adjust commercial patterns too.
In this class you will learn:
- How to take your own accurate body measurements
- How to draft a perfectly fitting bodice block
- How to pad out your mannequin to reflect your own body shape
- Simple pattern adjustments and manipulations
Our Workshops are friendly and relaxed and held in our spacious Studio where there is ample parking right outside. Students will be able to use our fabulous Janome sewing machines and overlockers and class sizes are capped at 6 to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
- This class includes expert tuition, use of our Janome machines, equipment and tools, thread, wading and calico. Plus plenty of tea coffee and cake!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Your mannequin / dressmakers dummy and a well fitting spare bra, as well as your lunch.
- Please wear close fitting garments such as a vest top or a snug t-shirt without a collar or fastening. We will be fitting your block close to your own body shape, and it is essential that the measurement and fitting is accurate so this gets up close and personal!
Join us at The Makers' Space in Alcester for this Sewing Workshop and learn how to make better fitting clothes for yourself.
Drop us an email at email@example.com if you would like any recommendations for local hotels, B&B’s or restaurants.