Frida Shirt Workshop
About this workshop:
If you love the idea of sewing a simple shirt for yourself but have been a bit nervous about starting on a larger project like this - We can help!
Our Frida Shirt is the perch project to start you shirt making journey with. Just right for wearing over a little Flute Vest and pair of our Duchess Jeans. While this pattern is a simple make, it will also allow you to learn and develop lots of new sewing skills.
You will Learn:
How to measure yourself and select the correct size from the pattern information
How to layout the pattern pieces correctly on your fabric
How to cut out the pattern pieces you need accurately
How to sew darts
How to sea a yoke
How to sew a box pleat
How to sew a shirt sleeve
How to sew a button tab
How to sew a convertible collar
How to sew a facing
How to mark and sew buttons and buttonholes
Level 3 Advanced Beginner
- Has made simple garments in the past 6 months.
- Has familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring themselves and picking a size
- Is looking to learn new techniques
- Can sew simple dressmaking projects without difficulty
- Can follow a sewing pattern unaided
What’s included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- All tapes and interlinings
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet.
- Tea/coffee and cake will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
- Fabric - contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making.
- 10 x 1cm diameter buttons
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home