Intro to Dressmaking Part Two - 4 week Course (Dates inc Apr 30, May 7, 14 & 21)
Intro to Dressmaking Part Two: This is a 4 week Course (Dates inc Apr 30, May 7, 14 & 21)
3hrs per week over 4 weeks (12 hrs of teaching)
About this workshop:
Are new to making clothes and want to progress your skills with some like minded individuals? Do you want the freedom to make garments of your choice but with guided advice and assistance from a tutor? Then this 4 week course will set you on the right road.
Select a pattern of your choice from our Sew Me Something Dressmaking range and over the 4 weeks you will be able to create your garment at a relaxed paced with the assurance that should you get stuck or need help with any part of it our friendly and patient tutor Ann will be there to guide you through. Should you finish faster than the 4 weeks you are welcome to bring another pattern with you to get started on your next project to make the most of your time in the studio space.
You will Learn:
- How to read and create the pattern of your choice
- How to overcome any problems you have with the process
- Confidence in your sewing ability knowing there is support if you need it
Level 2 Confident Beginner
- Confident with using a sewing machine
- Mastered the sewing basics
- Can complete simple projects, such as a cushion cover or zipped bag, without any difficulty
- Find your way around an easy project pattern
What’s included in the Workshop:
- 10% off purchases in our Sew Me Something on the day of your course.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- Calico for toiles
- A paper pattern with instruction booklet of your choice
- Tea and coffee
- Free Parking
What you need to bring:
- Fabric for your chosen item(s)
- Matching sewing threads, Zips etc - some available in the studio but we can't guarantee the colour match
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home - but please do not bring your own sewing machine.