Have you ever dreamed of sewing yourself a pair of great-fitting jeans? The idea of sewing jeans can be intimidating for even the most experienced dressmakers. Join the winner of the Great British Sewing Bee 2016, Charlotte Newland who will guide you through every step of the process.
On the first day of this three day course we will focus on fit and cutting, with the remaining two days used for construction. Skills you will learn include inserting a zip-fly, top-stitching, and installing jeans hardware. You are free to use either the Ginger Jeans or Morgan jeans pattern from Close
Skills needed: This class is suitable for intermediate dressmakers who have sewn several garments previously.
- Fabric: Stretch denim with at least 2% stretch (please see the pattern back for requirements for your size) and 1/2 metre cotton lining for pockets.
- Additional 2m of stretch denim for muslin/toile
- Denim zipper
- A jeans button and denim rivets
- 1/4 metre woven fusible interfacing (like Vilene)
- Coordinating thread for seams
- Two spools of topstitching thread