Juno Dress Workshop
About this workshop:
If you love the idea of sewing a tunic or dress for yourself but have been a bit nervous about starting on a larger project like this - We can help!
This workshop will take you through the whole process, step by step, to make your own Juno Dress. Although this dress is so lovely to wear, it is also a great opportunity to really up your sewing game and learn some new techniques such as the button back opening and the gathered welt pockets.
We will also be on hand to help you analyse the fit and make the correct pattern adjustments for you, so you can make the pattern up again at home.
You will Learn:
How to measure yourself and select the correct size from the pattern information
How to layout the pattern pieces correctly on your fabric
How to cut out the pattern pieces you need accurately
How to analyse the fit for you
How to make pattern adjustments
How to sew a woven neckband
How to sew a facing
How to sew a raglan sleeve
How to sew a button placket
How to sew gathered welt pockets
Level 4 Intermediate
- Can follow and understand all pattern markings & instructions.
- Able to confidently sew in-seam pockets and darts.
- Understand a variety of seam finishes and when to use them.
- Inserted zips and stitched a few buttonholes.
- Confidently add embellishments to garments (decorated pockets, patches and decorative linings).
What’s included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- All tapes and interlinings
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet.
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
- Fabric - contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making.
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home