Lavinia Dress Workshop
The Lavinia Dress
If you love the idea of sewing a shirred summer dress for yourself but have been a bit nervous about starting on a larger project like this - We can help!
This workshop will take you through the whole process, step by step, to make your own Lavina Summer Dress. This dress is a dream to wear and so comfy due to the shirred back panel which makes the dress fit perfectly. The princess seams over the bust also allow you to create a much better fit for your own shape.
**The workshop will focus on the plain fronted version due to time constraints. If you would like to include the pintucked front please be aware that you may not finish the dress in the time we have allowed for the workshop.
What you will learn on The Lavinia Dress Workshop
- How to measure yourself and select the correct size from the pattern information
- How to layout the pattern pieces correctly on your fabric
- How to cut out the pattern pieces you need accurately
- How to sew a princess seam
- How to sew a shirred panel
- How to line a sleeveless bodice
- How to sew a gathered skirt
- How to sew inseam pockets
- How to sew waists ties
- How to insert elastic
Level 4 Intermediate
- Can follow and understand all pattern markings & instructions.
- Able to confidently sew in-seam pockets and darts.
- Understand a variety of seam finishes and when to use them.
- Inserted zips and stitched a few buttonholes.
- Confidently add embellishments to garments (decorated pockets, patches and decorative linings).
What's included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Use of all machines and sewing tools
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours
- All tapes and interlinings
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking
What you need to bring:
- Fabric - contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making.
- 1 roll of shirring elastic
- 1m x 1cm wide elastic
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home