Shirt Making Masterclass
Raise your sewing game with our shirts masterclass. Shirts are not that difficult to sew, they just require a few more processes and a bit more accuracy. Spend 3 days fully immersed in the shirt making process and learn a whole host of new sewing techniques.
This Masterclass will take you through the whole process of making a shirt from start to finish. The processes and technical skills required will be fully explained and demonstrated to make it simple and easy for you to make up your own classically styled shirt.
Professional tips and tricks will be shared to make the whole process of skilled shirt making accessible to you so you can make your own shirts at home.
If you are seeking to extend your sewing skills, this is definitely the workshop for you!
What you learn -
- How to sew a flat felled seam
- How to sew a 2 piece shirt collar
- How to sew a separate button stand
- How to sew a fully enclosed yoke
- How to sew buttons and buttonholes
- How to sew a placket opening
- How to sew a cuff
- How to sew a facing
- How to sew a darted neckline
How to sew a roll collar
What we provide -
- Your pattern a choice from our Shirt patterns - Cesario, Hippolyta, Frida, Eleanor
- All your sewing equipment
- Plenty of tea coffee and cake to keep you sewing
What you need to bring -
The fabric you want to use - we’ll let you know how much to bring. 1m Lightweight iron-on interfacing - you can purchase this on the day. A smile and a positive outlook! This is going to be fun.