Rosalind Comfy Pyjamas - 2 Day Workshop
Who doesn't love the idea of snuggling up in a pair of made to measure blissfully comfy Pyjamas? If you love the idea of sewing a larger project but have been a bit nervous to take the plunge - we can help!
By the way, our Rosalind Pyjama Top also doubles as the perfect overshirt. Just right for wearing over a little Flute Vest and Robyn Leggings or even the Duchess Jeans. While this pattern is a simple make, it will also allow you to learn and develop new sewing skills.
Level 3 Advanced Beginner
- Has made simple garments in the past 6 months
- Has familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring themselves and picking a size
- Is looking to learn new techniques
- Can sew simple dressmaking projects without difficulty
- Can follow a sewing pattern unaided
What you will learn on Rosalind Shirt Section of the workshop
- How to measure yourself and select the correct size from the pattern information
- How to layout the pattern pieces correctly on your fabric
- How to cut out the pattern pieces you need accurately
- How to sew a shirt sleeve
- How to sew a flat felled seam
- How to sew a button tab
- How to sew a convertible collar
- How to sew a facing
- How to sew buttons and buttonholes
What you need to bring for the Rosalind Shirt:
- Fabric - Contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making.
- 8 x 1.5cm diameter buttons
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home
What's next? The Comfy Trouser Section of the workshop
This section is a beginners dressmaking workshop, but you do need to know your way round a sewing machine. If you'd like a complete beginners class please see our Intro Into Sewing class or Learn To Use A Sewing Machine class.
So whether you want to make them for yourself or for a present, you'll learn how to use a pattern to make a super comfy pair of trousers.
What you need to bring for the Comfy Lounge Pants:
You'll need to provide your own fabric, approximately 2.20m - 2.5m of a woven lightweight fabric. It can be any colour or pattern, but if you have a one way design you may require a bit more fabric to pattern match.
If you are out of our size range (adult 8-22) please specify waist and hip measurements when you book.
What's included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Use of all machines and sewing tools
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours
- All tapes and interlinings
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet (Shirt and trouser pattern)
- Tea/coffee & Cake will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking
(Please note all workshops are non refundable so please check you are able to attend before booking)