Working with Jersey / Knit Fabrics workshop
Working with jersey and knit fabrics
Are you a bit nervous about working with stretchy jersey knit fabrics? Have you used an overlocker but you're not really sure about them? Do you want to be able to whizz up a T-shirt in an afternoon? Then this is the workshop for you!
Working with jersey knit fabrics is so much easier than you might think. Using the right tools, equipment, elastics and tapes will make a big difference to the quality of your finished garments too. In this workshop we will show you the best methods to handle knit fabrics and make up a T-shirt and a pair of leggings. Both brilliant items to wear as base layers under so many of our other patterns.
What you will learn on the jersey and knit Workshop
- How to handle and cut jersey knit fabrics
- How to sew jersey knit fabrics on an overlocker
- How to sew jersey knit fabrics with an ordinary sewing machine
- How to sew a correctly fitting neckband
- How to sew a factory finished elasticated waistband
- How to sew a coverstitch hem
How to sew a twin needle hem
Level 3 Advanced Beginner
- Has made simple garments in the past 6 months.
- Has familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring themselves and picking a size
- Is looking to learn new techniques
- Can sew simple dressmaking projects without difficulty
- Can follow a sewing pattern unaided
What's included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- Use of all machines and sewing tools
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking
What you need to bring:
- Fabric - contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making.
- 4cm wide elastic- contact us for quantities depending on the size you are making.
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home