Fabric Shop / Creative Sales Assistant
Job Title: Fabric shop/ Creative Sales Assistant
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience
Contracted hours: Part time hours will include weekends
Sales Assistant - Part time Positions available
Do you love people as much as you love fabric and dressmaking? We do!
Sew Me Something is an award winning, growing independent business that has been supporting people on their creative journey for over 11 years with our sewing and craft workshops and haberdashery. We cater for complete beginners to advanced practitioners.
Our main focus is to help people improve their sewing and crafting and increase their love of creativity and this should be yours too. It is important to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day.
We have successfully run our haberdashery store online for over 5 years and are now going from purely online, back to a combined online and bricks and mortar store with the opening of our brand new Arts and Crafts Destination.
We are seeking an assistant who will be required to serve customers in the shop as well as take part in all activities and general duties involved in maintaining a retail and workshop environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving customers and helping with customer queries.
- Managing and reordering stock in the shop.
- Managing and up-keeping all display areas in the shop.
- Checking stock levels on Shopify.
- Uploading products and images to Shopify.
- Assist in all general shop duties alongside other staff.
- Help the Workshop Manager to support and host the various workshops we hold.
Skills and Experience Required
An excellent knowledge of fabrics and a keen interest in sewing is essential as you will be expected to advise customers on suitable fabrics for various projects, help fix any sewing problems and respond to a wide range of sewing related queries.
Knowledge and experience of other craft will also be an advantage.
Experience in a customer facing role would be useful but not necessary although a friendly and helpful attitude and excellent customer service skills are important.
On the job training will be provided.
- This is a part time position permanent preceded by a 3 month trial period.
- Hours are flexible but will include weekends.
- Based at our new location just outside Alcester, Warwickshire.