Build your skills - Collars and Plackets
Get Savvy with Collars and Plackets!
Have you stumbled over collars and been worried about plackets? Do they always seem to be a little bit off?
In this workshop, which is one of a series to help you improve and build your sewing skills, you will learn lots of easy ways to get the perfect finish to sleeve and neckline plackets and beautifully symmetrical collars too.
What you will learn on our build your skills workshop:
On this workshop you will have expert guidance on...
- How to accurately cut out collars.
- Which interlining products get the best results for the collar you are sewing.
- How to sew a 2 piece shirt collar
- How to sew a convertible collar
- How to sew a Classic roll collar
- How to measure and accurate cut placket pieces
- How to mark out the placket opening onto your garment
- How to sew a classic inserted placket
- How to sew a gable-ended placket accurately.
- How to sew a continuous bound opening in various widths
Level 3 Advanced Beginner
- Has made simple garments in the past 6 months.
- Has familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring themselves and picking a size
- Is looking to learn new techniques
- Can sew simple dressmaking projects without difficulty
- Can follow a sewing pattern unaided
What you'll need to bring:
An open mind and a willing heart, as everything else will be provided.
What's included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- A mini fabric pack including samples of different fabrics for you to try out the different processes.
- Vlieseline interlings and other products to use to stabilise your samples.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- Sample patterns pieces to use at home to practice with.
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.