Intro to Stencil Printing: Pouch & Stationary Bag with Melanie Ward
Fancy learning how to add your own decoration to fabric, card, or even wooden projects?
Join us on an introduction to stencil printing afternoon and go from complete beginner to being delighted with your printed items.
Using Melanie’s own uniquely designed stencils, you will learn the important techniques to achieve great stencilling results as well as building up layered patterns.
Immerse yourself in creativity, whilst printing onto gift tags and cards, with the main project being a useful linen zipped pouch.
Lovely colour co-ordinating fabric paints will be ready mixed for you to use, plus plenty of guidance and help with creating your design.
To complete your crafting experience have fun making a pom-pom or tassel to add that perfect finishing touch to your pouch.
This is the perfect workshop for a fabulous day out as it is ideal for complete beginners. No Sewing Required! All equipment and resources are included.
You will Learn:
- How to use a stencil brush correctly
- How to apply stencilling paint to get the best results
- How to use specific stencilling techniques
- How to use smaller stencils to create larger designs
- How to place stencil onto paper and textiles correctly
- How to make tassels and pompoms
Level 2 Complete Beginner
- No previous experience required
- Some manual dexterity is required
What’s included in the Workshop:
- Practice fabrics and paper
- Stencil brushes
- A choice of stencils
- Ready mixed stencil paints
- Linen zipped pouch bag
- Various items of stationary ready for printing
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a bit messy
- An open mind
- A big smile