Love Your Coverstitch Machine Workshop
About this workshop:
Have you got a coverstitch machine on your Wish List? Do you have one but you’re not really sure how to use it? Let us help you fall in love with your cover stitch machine.
In this workshop you will learn how to thread and use a coverstitch machine and to create your own sample library to help you understand all the different settings on your own machine.
Cover stitch machines are a wonderful addition to your sewing room and once you are familiar with how they work you will wonder how you ever sewed without one!
The machine we use is the Janome cover pro 2000 CPX
You will Learn:
- How to navigate your way around the cover stitch machine
- How to thread the coverstitch machine
- The best threads to use for which project
- The best needles to use for different projects
- Basic stitches
- How to stop, start and lock off your sewing
- How to unpick coverstitching
- How to sew a hem
- How differential feed works
- How presser foot pressure works
- How to sew with 2 and 3 needles
Level 2 Confident Beginner
- Confident with using a sewing machine
- Mastered the sewing basics
- Can complete simple projects, such as a cushion cover or zipped bag, without any difficulty
- Find your way around an easy pattern
What’s included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course
- A mini fabric pack including samples of different fabrics for you to try out the different machine settings.
- Printed worksheets for your own sample library
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- Tea/coffee & cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
An open mind and a willing heart, as everything else will be provided.
Your Tutor: Emma Smith
How to contact us:
If you have any questions please contact us on Hello@sewmesomething.co.uk or call us on 01789 713241. Our address is The Makers' Space, Longbarn Village, Alcester Heath, Alcester, BN49 5JJ