Pattern cutting | Bodice Block & Sleeve Insertion - 3 days
Do you struggle finding clothes to fit or find adapting patterns really tricky, please come and join us at The Makers' Space in Longbarn Village, Alcester for a special three day sewing workshop of pattern cutting heaven.
About this workshop:
Learning to draft your own patterns gives you the freedom to create your own designs for the clothes you really want to wear.
But as with anything technical, a good foundation of knowledge is key. And the first step is to create a well fitting block that will act as the foundation for other designs.
A block or sloper is the basic template that is used to alter and adapt into a finished pattern for you to use to make up a garment.
Your own personal set of measurements is used to draft the basic bodice block and it is then tailored to fit you as an individual. So any fitting issues or adjustments are catered for straight away.
This is the Blueprint of You.
In this workshop you will learn how to take accurate measurements to draft a bodice block. You will then take a first pattern from the block and sew it up into a calico toile that can be fitted to you exactly.
Any alterations can then be made to the pattern to ensure an accurate calico toile and block that you will use as a springboard to creating your own individual patterns.
You will Learn:
- How to take accurate body measurements
- How to draft an Easy Fit or Close Fit Bodice Block
- How to draft a sleeve that fits your bodice
- How to create a working pattern
- How to sew a toile
- How to analyse fit and make adjustments to your toile
- How to create an amendments list
- How to make alterations to your working pattern
- How to transfer the final working pattern to card to keep as a personal block
Level 4 Intermediate
- Can follow and understand all pattern markings & instructions.
- Able to confidently sew in-seam pockets and darts.
- Understand a variety of seam finishes and when to use them.
- Inserted zips and stitched a few buttonholes.
- Confidently add embellishments to garments (decorated pockets, patches and decorative linings).
What’s included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our pattern cutting equipment
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- Pattern cutting paper
- Calico for toiles
- Handouts to takeaway with you
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home
- Any pattern cutting equipment you want to use from home
- Lunch for each day
How to contact us:
If you have any questions please contact us on Hello@sewmesomething.co.uk or call us on 01789 713241. Our address is The Makers' Space, Longbarn Village, Alcester Heath, Alcester, BN49 5JJ