Stencil Printed Lampshade
This is the prefect way to immerse yourself in creativity while making something beautiful for your home.
Join us on this day workshop to stencil print and make up a lampshade for your home that you will be absolutely delighted with. You will be amazed how a simple technique can create such beautiful results.
Using Melanie’s own uniquely designed stencils inspired by the Devonshire countryside and Mel’s own walks though nature, you will learn the important techniques to achieve great stencilling results.
Learn how to use smaller stencils to create a coherent design that will work 360 degrees around the circular shape building up layered patterns onto the fabric for your lampshade.
Immerse yourself in creativity whilst selecting ready mixed paint colours that will coordinate with your own home environment. Mel will be on hand with plenty of guidance and help with creating your design.
This is the perfect workshop for a fabulous day out with friends as all your lampshades will be different. No Sewing Required! All equipment and resources are included.
You will Learn:
- How to use a stencil brush correctly
- How to apply stencilling paint to get the best results
- How to use specific stencilling techniques
- How to use smaller stencils to create larger designs
- How to place stencil onto paper and textiles correctly
- How to make up a 30cm diameter circular drum lampshade
Level 2 Novice
- Previous experience is beneficial but not required
- Some manual dexterity is required
What’s included in the Workshop:
- Practice fabrics and paper
- Stencil brushes
- A choice of stencils
- Ready mixed stencil paints
- Fabric for the lampshade
- 30cm circular drum lampshade kit
Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
What you need to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a bit messy
- An open mind
- A big smile