Jessica Dress Workshop
Jessica Dress Sewing Workshop
What you will learn on The Jessica Dress Workshop
- Measuring/pattern alterations.
- Cutting out your pattern.
- How to use the correct interlinings to get a professional finish.
- How to attach a facing.
- How to sew a bound neckline
- How to sew a gathered skirt.
- How to sew in seam pockets.
- How to sew cutaway pockets
- How to sew buttons and buttonholes.
- Finishing your garment.
Level 3 Advanced Beginner
- Has made simple garments in the past 6 months.
- Has familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring themselves and picking a size
- Is looking to learn new techniques
- Can sew simple dressmaking projects without difficulty
- Can follow a sewing pattern unaided
What you'll need
- Fabric for your dress
- Matching sewing threads
- Any sewing tools or equipment you want to use from home (not sewing machines please)
What's included in the Workshop:
- 10% off any other fabrics purchased on the day of your course.
- Use of all machines and sewing tools.
- Use of our sewing threads in a variety of neutral colours.
- The paper pattern with instruction booklet.
- Tea/coffee and cakes will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements at the time of booking.